CFS recently decided to put ourselves through the same process that our clients go through by working on improving our own space. We created a list of objectives to work through and improve on and it turned out pretty spiffy, if we do say so ourselves.
- Gain extra stations for the same footprint; we have gained 3 additional stations.
Make the stations technology friendly – power and data ports wherever needed.
- Go as paperless as possible to reflect the fact that everything is now in the cloud or, in our servers. We purged 70-90% of our paper on an individual basis.
- Make our space more appealing from an architecture and design perspective by using cleaner and brighter finishes; unique lighting different types of art and branding mediums.
- Make our space a true representation of Herman Miller’s “Living Office” concept – with different work settings – individual and collaborative. Refresh our break room and add casual sitting and meeting areas.
- Design our space so that when clients see the space they will immediately say, “Ah-Ha!….NOW I know what we have to do to get new employees into our company and, what we have to do to keep them”.
So, where did we get to? Here are the stats:
Station Size Before: 8’ x 8’ and 8’ x 9.5’ After: 6’ x 8’
Panels Before: 67” High After: 57” seated privacy
Overhead Storage Before: 2 Per Station After: None
Filing Before:2 peds; 2 4-5 Drawer Lateral Files After: 1-2 Peds; Storage Tower
Work SurfacesBefore: Full wrap After: Bowties with Adjustable Height Bases; Side/Back
Finishes Before: Dark; Beige –BLAH! After: White and Light Grey
Glass Before: Very Little After: Opaque Pieces throughout
Come check it out! Please contact Commercial Furniture Services at 952-915-6683. Or, stop by and visit us: 4301 Highway 7, St. Louis Park, MN 55416.